Job Title: Conservative Federation Association Administrator
Working For: South Norfolk and Waveney Valley Conservatives
Salary: to be discussed
Length of Contract: 1 year initially
The South Norfolk Association and Waveney Valley Associations have come together to form a new Federation. It is a volunteer-run Political Association led by the Officer team. The Officers are supported by an Executive Council whose members are made up of the two areas. The main role of the Association comes in the form of fund-raising, campaigning, and the selection of candidates to compete in local and parliamentary elections.
The Federation is looking for a capable and well organised individual who will manage the day to day administration of the membership and associated queries.
The candidate will need to be very sympathetic to the values of the Conservative Party, and a good knowledge of the towns and villages across the Federation would be helpful.
This role has ebbs and flows through the year but is based around 3 days per week.
We are entering a critical period in the run up to a General Election and must ensure our two excellent parliamentary candidates are elected where we envisage the role requiring 4 days per week from Easter 2024.
The role can be fulfilled combining remote working as well from being based at the new Federation Office premises (location currently being selected and ratified), with the latter being increasingly required as the general election approaches.
The main tasks are:
● updating membership on the Vote Source Membership system
● sending out newsletters via MailChimp
● help promote and manage events using EventBrite
● organise the Officer and Executive meetings and the AGM – prepare,take and
circulate the actions after each meeting
● with support from the Area Chairman and party ensuring compliance with
● Working with the election agent on the organisation of elections – District, County or General. In particular, the compilation of the leaflets. Campaigning in person. Organising Action Days. Help with recording the expenses.
● help organise the selection and approval process for the upcoming elections
● managing incoming emails
● managing incoming telephone queries
● managing projects and other initiatives requested by the Chairman and the other Officers
Closing Date: 20th November 2023
The start date would be 1st December for a handover with the current position
Send your CV with a covering letter to the Association Chairman, Mike Melling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Local Conservative Team